1/ Strengthening Member Agencies
Strengthen the financial and operating capacity of Children's Mental Health Ontario’s member agencies.
- We advocate with the Ontario Government for: increases in annual funding that at a minimum, meet member agencies’ rising costs; increased investment to enable more service capacity and stronger organizational infrastructure; and support of the costs of implementing Evidence Based Practices.
- We provide communication and networking linkages for member agencies’ staff and volunteer leaders.
- We provide shared member services to increase agency effectiveness and efficiency.
2/ Building Awareness and Understanding
Build awareness and understanding of child and youth mental health among Ontario’s general public, government and allied professionals.
- We develop public education programs targeted at the general public that aim to encourage children, youth and their parents to seek help for mental health problems and to encourage supportive behaviour.
- We develop and manage programs that assist professionals who work with children and youth in sectors other than mental health to identify, refer and support those who may need mental health services.
- We identify and support programs to engage youth (up to age 24) in developing and conducting peer education and support programs and to involve them in advocacy and public education activities.
- We identify and support programs to assist families in identification, referral and support and involve them in advocacy and public education programs.
3/ Improving Services and Outcomes
Improve services and outcomes for children and youth with mental health problems.
- We campaign for equitable, comprehensive, and available child and youth mental health services throughout Ontario.
- We promote continuous improvement through accreditation.
- We promote the use of evidence-based services and promising practices.
- We promote data collection, analysis, and ongoing evaluation to inform practice change and service improvement.
- We nurture and support cross-sectoral networks of organizations and individuals working with children and youth.
4/ Expanding Children’s Mental Health Ontario’s Capacity
Develop the financial and organizational capacity necessary to ensure the achievement of Children’s Mental Health Ontario’s strategic plan.
- We work to increase annual revenue.
- We expand and develop the capacity of human resources including youth, parents, agency staff, and volunteers in the support of province-wide and local programs and initiatives.
- We review and revise the governance structure and ensure effective processes.
- We work to improve operations, in particular business planning, communication with members, financial management and human resource management.