Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) always welcomes new members. If your organization provides mental health treatment to Ontario children, youth and families, it is eligible to become an Accredited CMHO Member.
About Accredited Membership
An organization is eligible to become an Accredited CMHO Member if it provides mental health services to Ontario's children, youth and families. Currently, CMHO's core membership consists of 83 accredited children's mental health centres that are located across the entire province of Ontario. Organizations in the Accredited Member category are primarily accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA). In some circumstances, an organization may be accredited by another accrediting body (e.g., Accreditation Canada, COA) that is recognized by CMHO as comparable to the CCA.
Your organization can be considered for Accredited Member status if it:
- is committed to CMHO's mission;
- provides mental health treatment, as defined by CMHO, to children, youth and their families;
- agrees to comply with the CMHO accreditation requirements;
- demonstrates the involvement of qualified professionals representing disciplines relevant to the treatment of children and families in the provision of services;
- promotes and contributes to a sustainable mental health system for children, youth and their families;
- is non-profit and governed by a voluntary board of directors; and
- has been providing children’s mental health services for at least one year.
The annual membership fee for the Accredited Membership category is a base amount of $585 plus 0.3% of all revenue devoted to mental health treatment and prevention services as defined by CMHO. Accredited members have four years to complete the accreditation process.
As an Accredited Member of CMHO, your centre will enjoy these benefits:
√ Opportunity to participate in our Group Health Benefits Plan, Commercial Group Liability Insurance Plan, GAIN Shared Purchasing Services
√ Access to our legal counsel (for professional use only)
√ Opportunity to participate in CMHO working groups (this includes the accreditation, advocacy and satellites coordination, and member services working groups)
√ Invitation to our annual conference (held in the fall)
√ Voting privileges
√ Opportunity to participate on our email distribution lists (an electronic means of communicating with other members)
√ Access to the 'Members Only' section of our website
√ Discounts on CMHO conferences and materials
√ Subscription to CMHO’s bi-weekly electronic newsletter Fast Reports
√ Receive regular electronic member updates and notices
Learn more about CMHO and Accreditation here.
View the Accredited Member Welcome Kit for a full list of benefits here.
|Complete the 'Accreditation Membership' application now (PDF, 2 pages)|