Apply By: Friday, June 15, 2012
- Organization: Huron-Perth Centre for Children and Youth
- Organization Website: http://www.hpcentre.on.ca
- City / Town: Clinton, Ontario
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours per Week: 35
- Salary: $58,586-$72,727
- Apply By: Friday, June 15, 2012
As part of a new management structure Huron-Perth Centre is seeking a full-time Clinical Services Manager for the Clinton Office and to work as part of the management team. This position is vacant as a result of the creation of an additional Clinical Services Manager role, added to strengthen the organization’s capacity to provide supervision and support to services staff and increase consistency across offices.
A draft job description has been adapted from the current Job Description of the Clinical Services Manager and has been prepared to offer some interim direction of the new management structure. The job description is subject to further revisions through implementation and position development.
Accountable To: CEO
1.0 FTE Huron Clinical Services Manager - Summary of Duties:
Functions as manager for services to children and youth in Huron and supervises assigned staff and when appointed, shares in responsibility for the overall organization in the absence of the CEO.
Provides clinical consultation and supervision for the mental health services to children, adolescents and families in Huron county in accordance with the mandate, policies and procedures of the Huron-Perth Centre and as an active member of an interdisciplinary team of colleagues who share a systems theory approach to the work and a grounding in trauma informed practice.
Serves as a member of the Management Team and actively contributes to the decision-making process for all operational matters coming before management.
No provision of clinical services.
- Primary responsibilities relate to the delivery of services to children and youth in HuronCounty
- Reporting directly to the C.E.O. and in conjunction with any designated supervisor(s), is responsible for the overall services delivery for theClintonoffice and services to children and youth in Huron
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff and ensures the services are provided in accordance with the standards of the Centre; ensures novice staff receive peer mentor for first year of employment
- Oversees intake process and waiting list for children’s mental health services including determining priority for service.
- Actively contributes to and participates on the clinical team in order to receive and offer consultation regarding work with clients; provides leadership to the clinical team.
- Manager responsible for Occupational Health & Safety
- Agency Lead for Intensive Services
- May be required to prepare special ad hoc reports for the C.E.O.
- Assists in the resolution of any client concerns specific to services provided from Clinton Office
- As required, participates/delegates staff on Huron –specific community committees and makes presentations to the community in the spirit of promoting the work of the agency, representing the site/office for the Centre.
- As required, attends Board functions from time to time in addition to or in lieu of the CEO.
- Leads scheduled staff meetings and coordinates screenings.
- Responsible for leadership of 1-2 internal committees, (to be determined).
- Attends all management meetings and contributes to discussion and decisions.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of assigned budgets, providing input into decisions regarding location-specific needs.
Qualifications (e.g., skills, experience, degrees, certifications, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in an appropriate area for clinical work with children, adolescents and families with relevant children’s mental health experience
- 5-7 years management experience and relevant management training an asset
- Professional accreditation/certification for counsellor duties/or eligibility to apply to a professional, accrediting organization.
- Personal computer skills for related tasks.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle and appropriate insurance required.
- Name: Terri Sparling
- Title: CEO
- 100 Gordon Street (until May 31, 2012) 63 Lorne Avenue E (after June 1, 2012)
- City / Town: Stratford, Ontario
- Email: email@example.com
- Application Instructions: DEADLINE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Friday, June 15, 2012 @ 5pm. DIRECT RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: Terri Sparling,CEO Huron-Perth Centre firstname.lastname@example.org Title email "Huron CSM Position"
Click here to get a printable copy of this position.