Apply By: Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- Organization: Parents for Children's Mental Health
- Organization Website: http://www.pcmh.ca/
- City / Town: Ontario
- Apply By: Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Parents for Children’s Mental Health is offering an internship/co-op placement for those who are interested in working with families and agencies dealing with child and youth mental health and participating in the organization of the PCMH Conference, an annual Knowledge Exchange Event organized to link families with each other, public, and professionals, and build ongoing networking and collaboration opportunities.
Report to: Executive Director, and Executive Steering Committee
Work With: Volunteers, community members, external business contact,
1. Event Coordination:
a) Coordinates fundraising of institutional and special donors
b) Working alongside Committee Chairs, co-facilitates various event related committees as required.
c) Responsible for communications and networking in support of event, and assist with development of new opportunities to build community awareness.
d) Respond to enquiries from the public about event, including assisting with media requests.
2. Volunteer Coordination:
a) Provide volunteer coordination and recognition for event.
b) Provide direction to volunteers for event duties.
c) Co-facilitates volunteer committees as required.
a) Creates, prepares, and distributes meeting minutes and supporting documents.
b) Enters donor information, event invitation and participant lists on appropriate technology
c) Coordinates guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, decorative and table set up, nametags and staffing
d) Responsible for communications and marketing in support of special events.
e) Coordinates production and distribution of print materials for donor/sponsor/and participant’s solicitations.
f) Writes necessary submissions
a) Other related duties as required.
Qualifications (e.g., skills, experience, degrees, certifications, etc.)
- Post-secondary diploma required (or currently participating in a relevant program)
- The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships;proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans; print production expertise associated with fundraising events
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required;
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications skills; media relations experience is an asset
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation; volunteer management skills an asset
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention to detail is imperative
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Experience and comfort with facilitation of committee meetings.
- Office administration experience.
- Ability to bring energy, creativity and community relations that will make a substantial impact on the Conference while enhancing the image and positive relationships of PCMH
- Express a genuine interest in the child and youth mental health sector, and PCMH and agreement and value in their vision, a strong commitment to children, youth, and their families who are dealing with mental health disorders/illnesses.
- Entrepreneurial skills, the ability to multi-task, and a proven ability to meet goals are core requirements
- Must be a team player, and have the ability to work with a diverse group of
- Name: Sarah Cannon
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to get a printable copy of this position.