- Host: CPRI
- Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012 (07:00 PM - 09:00 PM)
- Location: CPRI
- Address: 600 Sanatorium Road, Zarfas Hall auditorium
- City/Province: London, ON
- Map to Location: Map to Event
- Event Type: Other
- Topics Covered:
- Want to be let in on a secret club that not many people know about? This club is called the Leaky Brake Club and members have leaky brakes (i.e. difficulty stopping) over their movements/noises, thoughts, attention, impulses, sensory input and/or behaviour. In this talk, Kim and Sharon, "coaches" from the CPRI club headquarters, will provide a few child friendly strategies to support individuals with leaky brakes (e.g., exposure to a new virtual toolbox and an overview of the "Beaker Game" designed to reduce youth meltdowns).
Registration Details & Fee(s):
CPRI welcomes parents, caregivers, students, education workers, community agencies and partners and the interested public to come learn about mental health topics from CPRI staff experts during Children's Mental Health Week. Free admission.
- Kim Edwards, Brake Shop Psychometrist
- Sharon Skutovich, Brake Shop Social Worker and Clinic Lead