- Host: Solutions On Site
- Date: Friday, May 11, 2012 (09:30 AM - 04:00 PM)
- Location: TBA
- City/Province: St Thomas, ON
- Event Type: Training Events
- Topics Covered:
- General Rules concerning issues such as liability for negligent record keeping policies and practices, the use of computer records, record retention policies, ownership and access to records and the law of defamation will be reviewed.
- The Obligation of Confidentiality, the legal consequences for its breach and the importance of limiting oneâ€™s confidentiality obligations at the outset of the professional relationship. General principles governing disclosure of records, both with and without client consent will be discussed.
- Federal and Provincial Statutes & Mandatory Reporting Obligations and the circumstances in which these statutes require health professionals, counsellors and service providers to report client information to specified officials in cases such as child abuse, suspected elder abuse and sexual impropriety. Information will be provided on common law duty to warn.
- The Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and how it relates to record keeping confidentiality, disclosure and access provisions. Learn to whom the act applies to and the obligations it creates.
- Leading Canadian Case Reference and the relevant provisions of the provincial legislation.
- Contact Name: Marisa Thorburn
- Contact Phone: 226-268-2307
- Contact Fax: 519-204-9182
- Contact Email: Register@SOSWorkshops.ca