- Host: Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies (OACAS)
- Date: Monday, April 16, 2012 (08:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport
- Address: 655 Dixon Road
- City/Province: Toronto, ON
- Map to Location: Map to Event
- Event Type: Symposium
- Topics Covered:
- This one-day Education Services symposium brings together researchers and practitioners specializing in anti-oppressive policy and practice in the field of child welfare and social services. "Finding Our Way"Ā¯ features experts in anti-oppressive practice from Canada and the US as well as presenters with practical experience integrating anti-oppressive practice and implementing anti-oppressive policies at Children's Aid Societies in Ontario. This learning opportunity is being offered to front-line and management staff at child welfare and child-serving agencies as well as their community service organizations.
Registration Details & Fee(s):
Regular Admission Fee $199.00.
- Dr. Ann Curry-Stevens, a professor and researcher at Portland State University's School of Social Work
- Dr. Gary Dumbrill, professor at McMaster University's School of Social Work;
- Dr. June Ying Yee and Helen Wong, writers of the Anti-Oppression Framework
- Contact Name: OACAS
- Contact Phone: 416-987-7725