- Host: Peel District School Board social workers
- Date: Monday, April 30, 2012 (06:00 PM)
- Location: HJA Brown Education Centre
- Address: 5650 Hurontario St. (at Matheson Boulevard)
- City/Province: Mississauga, ON
- Map to Location: Map to Event
- Event Type: Other
- Topics Covered:
- In anticipation of Children's Mental Health Awareness Week, Peel District School Board social workers are hosting Suicide: Start the Conversation, an information night for Peel parents and staff to increase awareness about youth suicide and highlight the signs and symptoms of students who may be at risk.
- From 6 to 7 p.m. participants will have an opportunity to meet with a variety of mental health service providers at the community resource fair. Presentations will begin at 7 p.m. focusing on how parents can speak with children about suicide.
Registration Details & Fee(s):
The event is free
- David Harris, founder and CEO of Cameron Helps, a non-profit group he started after his teenage son's suicide
- Dan McGann, M.S.W. at Credit Valley Hospital
- Contact Name: Maureen Mackay
- Contact Phone: 905-890-1010