- Host: CTRI - Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute Inc.
- Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 (08:30 AM - 04:00 PM)
- City/Province: Toronto, ON
- Event Type: Workshop
- Topics Covered:
- Many people struggling with a mental illness are also struggling with an addiction. Recovery for people coping with both of these issues is complicated because they affect each other and are intertwined. Caregivers may often be at a loss for where to start - did the addictions cause the mental illness, did the mental illness cause the addictions or is there something else leading to both? This workshop provides a framework for working systemically with both issues at the same time. Participants will explore the impact of both addiction and mental illness, an overview of the theoretical frameworks for both issues, and how to integrate strategies in a way that supports health and change.
- Contact Name: Delayne Hogan
- Contact Phone: 877-353-3205
- Contact Fax: 204-452-2920
- Contact Email: email@example.com